Thursday, March 15, 2007

What is wrong with America?

The other day I was at a store and got into a discussion with the cashier. She asked me if I knew any employer who needed a good phlebotomist. I asked her a simple question. If she were a qualified phlebotomist why was she working in a low paying cashier job?

Her response made my blood boil. She said that even though her last name has a Spanish sound she doesn’t speak a word of Spanish. Every time she goes for a job interview she is told that if she can’t speak Spanish then they can’t hire her since she is not qualified for the job.

Now I have nothing against Spanish speaking people, as a matter of fact it is one of the childhood languages of Mrs. Sam. But when has it become a requirement in the United States of America that one must speak Spanish in order to qualify for a job?

Wake up America!

Snake Oil Sam
Snake Oil Sam Internet Media Publishing © 2007
Contact Snake Oil Sam

amazing counters

Get Vitamins