Saturday, August 11, 2007

Union puts Quest Diagnostics on Notice

Just when everything seemed to be quiet at Quest Diagnostics those bothersome people at Teamsters Local 97 advised the management of Quest Diagnostics that papers have been filed with the National Labor Relations Board.

It comes as no surprise that this action has taken place. Some expected it to come sooner then it did. But it will ultimately lead to another fight to win the souls of the corporate faithful.

I can’t speak for anyone else but I don’t think that there are as many faithful as there had been in the past. It will take a great deal of effort on the part of management to win the day.

According to a memo distributed by management to logistics department employees the election will likely take place within the next several weeks. The company will provide information related to the union and its rules, history, record of strikes and problems with the law.

Actually the only thing that I am interested in is what brand of hot dogs they are going to serve us at the union picnic? I like Sabrett. But Nathans’ is also a good brand. As long as the beer is cold I will deal with the hotdog issue later.

If the company wants to tell us about the legal issues with the union we already know about the son of the big guy. But since the F.B.I. has thoroughly vetted the current management then I guess that it is cool with me since it is cool with the F.B.I. and those guys you can trust.

I hope the Human Resources Department at Quest Diagnostics is careful about what they say about the union guys. I would hate to see them get into trouble with any legal issue. And I am sure that the union guys have also done homework about some of the financial issues at Quest Diagnostics. You know that company that needs to find more ways to cut costs. Oh, really?

It should prove to be interesting to see who ends up with egg on their corporate face. Wow! This is going to be a fun two or three weeks. O.K. will somebody get me another one of those tasty union picnic hotdogs.

Freedom of Speech or Death
Snake Oil Sam
Snake Oil Sam Internet Media Publishing © 2007
Contact Snake Oil Sam
Legal Defense Disclaimer

Editors Note: Anyone wishing to express an opinion on this blog “Snake Oil Sam’s Radio Review” is welcome to submit it for consideration through the Contact Snake Oil Sam e-mail link located at the end of each article! The publisher assumes no responsibility for the content or opinion of submissions and might or might not agree with the content of comment.

amazing counters

Get Vitamins