Monday, September 17, 2007

Gary Cangemi Issues Clarification

Regarding my statement concerning Paul L. Williams, that he is “laughing all the way to the bank,” I have been asked by Mr. Williams’ attorney to clarify my meaning before the public so as to dispel any notion that I was suggesting that Mr. Williams or his attorneys intended to use the Paul L. Williams Defense Fund for anything other than his legal defense of the McMaster University lawsuit. According to the Cambridge International Dictionary of Idioms, “if someone is laughing all the way to the bank, they have made a lot of money very easily, often because someone else has been stupid.” Nothing in this phrase implies that the money one is taking to the bank was acquired fraudulently, or that the person who acquired it intends to misuse it, nor was it my intent that any such notion be construed from my statement. While I have no reason to doubt that Mr. Williams and his attorneys will be using every cent of this money in his defense, my only intent was to express my personal opinion, based on my past experiences with the man, that Paul L. Williams has very little respect for the intelligence of the public whose money he will all too willingly accept to fund his legal defense. I do, however, apologize to Mr. Williams’ attorneys for any perceived suggestion that these funds were inappropriately administered. Such was not my intent.
Gary Cangemi

Cangemi Article
Williams Article
Paul Williams Defense Fund

amazing counters

Get Vitamins